Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 172: A Moment of Peace

In honor of today being the day my husband came back from a year-long deployment I am going to pass on today’s blog. Well sort of. In a way, my ability to put away my laptop without fully writing what I intended to put down today says something about my emotional and mental growth. I still have that vague sense of unease that has plagued me for so long, but for one night I’m going to ignore it and try to go to bed peacefully, without the thoughts and doubts swirling in my head. My life is far from perfect, I still have much work to do on myself as I think many of us do, but maybe it’s okay to take a night off once in a while, even if it is just to pretend that things are fine. As I write this my husband is quickly drifting off to sleep next to me in the bed he’s only slept in a handful of times. Even so, he looks like he belongs there and I beside him. Life may not be perfect, but I’m going to grab whatever handful of it I can while it’s there, because you never know when your version of perfection might blow up in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment