Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 155: A Bit of This and a Bit of That

Lot’s of stupid little things running through my mind today. Nothing coherent enough to create a blog out of on its own, so I’m slapping them all together and calling it Day 155. So this is what’s on my mind right about now.

Legalizing marijuana. Some blogs and articles I’ve recently read suggest we are very near to a point that the legalization of marijuana might actually happen. I am trying to come up with a position on this as it is a rare occasion that I am sans perspective, but honestly, I’ve got nothing. I just cannot be bothered to care about this. I think hemp is great as a plant resource. It has something like 25,000 uses aside from getting college kids high. As for smoking it, I don’t think it’s the worst thing you can do and it doesn’t actually seem difficult to procure so does it really matter? On the plus side if it gets rid of annoying dealers than I would be for it. I know a couple who deals, both of jobs out side the home and despite being together for a long time and having children, including a young one at home, they continued to deal fairly openly and now surprise! Their kids are a mess. They do drugs, drink, had children while still teens, didn’t finish school or go to college and have little prospects aside from hourly wage work at back breaking jobs. Dealing drugs illegally creates a vicious circle of the economically depressed. They deal to make extra cash, but the association with the drug prevents them from being successful in other ways which resorts to their dependence on dealing. Aside from the dealing aspect though, and medical use which of course I am in favor of, I really don’t care. I don’t smoke and it rarely enters my life view. Smoke if you got ‘em, whatever.

The other night, I happened to catch an episode of a television show called “Ghost Whisperer.” If you haven’t seen it, this show stars Jennifer Love Hewitt as a chick who sees ghosts and helps them crossover. I’ve watched it a few times and every time I think to myself how stupid it is, but the husband character is hot so what the hell. Anyway, I’ve got a beef with this show and specifically with Love Hewitt’s eye makeup. This is an attractive woman, she doesn’t appear to need a lot of help to be pretty and yet in every episode I’ve watched she has so much navy and black eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara caked on as to make her eyes look like endless pits of blackness. To make it worse she has ridiculously long hair that is always curled in a massive sheath around her fairly small head. Way, way, WAY overdone Hewitt and who the hell wears that much makeup and hair in a tiny town at nine in the morning? The last few times I’ve watched this show (okay, sometimes I catch a rerun in syndication too) it’s just to marvel at how much freakin’ makeup this chick has on. I know there have been days when before I head out the door I think, “Hmm, do I have on too much for a Tuesday”? If I’m thinking that of my neutral toned cosmetics how do you look at a chick who looks more like a stage performer at Vegas show and pretend she lives in small town USA and is normal? Uh-uh. Ain’t happening Hollywood.

Rhianna is all set to talk about her Brown beating on some morning show Tuesday. I have no beef with Brown being punished for his vicious attack; abuse is never cool. What I have a slight objection to is the fact that no one seems to remember that when this story broke it also came out that the couple had physical altercations in the past, including that night, in which Rhianna punched or hit Brown. Personally, I never think it’s okay to hit anyone, but if I hit Jeff (or any other guy) then I believe that gives him the right to hit back. Just because I’m smaller or a woman it’s okay to hit a guy? Um, what’s the point of equality if we only employ it when it suits our purposes? Now there is a caveat. If I hit Jeff I don’t think he should necessarily lay me out, I mean, he is quite a bit bigger and stronger than me so that would be overkill, but turn about is fair play. It’s not cool to lose your temper and wail on a guy just because you know he can’t hit you back. Maybe Brown wouldn’t have had to raise the pimp hand if Rhianna hadn’t hit him first. Okay, I’m totally kidding about that, he was brutal and clearly needs help.

Hailey Glassman is making me somewhat sad. For one thing, I am sad that I know who Hailey Glassman is. I don’t want to know personal details about Jon and Kate Gosselin, but they are everywhere so it’s difficult to ignore. Last night I saw a photo of Jon and Hailey and I just felt so bad for Hailey. Not because of Jon, no, she got herself into that nightmare. I feel sorry for her because she’s what, 22? The girl is at an age when most of us look our best. It is unlikely she will ever look better and yet she’s not looking good. No sense of style, bad body and not attractive and dude, her parents are plastic surgeons. That just made me sad. She has every resource available to her, money, plastic surgery, and youth and she’s a train wreck. Wait till your metabolism goes and the wrinkles start at 35 honey, you’re in for a long road.

Finally, and this might be my favorite. There was a story about how Kate Moss has a fuller figure these days rather than her stick then frame of the past. Shocking. Perhaps the media is unaware of the effect coke, heroin or crack has on the weight of users? Doesn’t really seem to require a braintrust to figure out that when Moss stopped being a cokehead she might return to a normal weight. Hell, why do you think I want to be a cokehead? Super skinny and energy to burn? Hell yeah! If I had the cash, a dealer and the ability to remember where I put things, I’d be snorted my way to a size 0.

Anyway, that’s just what’s on my mind. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment