Monday, June 1, 2009

Intro to 365 Days of Ame

Today marks day one of my commitment to blog for 365 days straight. Each day I will reveal a truth about myself. Some will be serious, some frivolous, but all will be genuine truths that I have either discovered about myself or from which I have been attempting to hide. My ultimate goal is to get to know myself again. In life, it is easy to behave in one with friends, another with family, and yet still another in the workplace. After years of modifying and checking our own instincts depending on our peers it is easy to lose oneself. Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I don't really recognize that woman in the mirror. I see traces of the innocent, happy girl of 15, the idealistic freedom fighter of 24, the haunted, sad woman of 28, and the suddenly happy optimistic lover at 33. Yes, I see glimpses of all of these women and yet they remain strangers or at least characters in some movie running through my mind. I'd like to put the pieces together and find the woman I am now.

So, for the next 365 days I will be brutally honest with myself in this public forum so that my particularly skilled knack of self-denial and rationalization cannot save me from the truths of myself. I want to live an authentic life and this is how I'm going to start. The only thing I know at this moment is that I need to stop running away from me. So this, is 365 Days of Ame.

No comments:

Post a Comment