Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 45: Sometimes Life and Death is a Real Pisser


Today, my cat had a seizure, pissed on me and died. It kind of sucked. In his honor, I smuggled half a bottle of wine into the movies then went out drinking. Nothing says I'm grieving like shots of whatever the bartender is pouring. Jeremy was an awful cat. He was defensive, cantankerous, he pissed all over the house, in general he was a huge pain and I loved him from the time he was four weeks old and could barely get around till he was 15 and collapsed. I loved that cat beyond reason. He has been my closest and longest lasting relationship over the years. Jeremy, or Jaybird as we'd recently taken to calling him after Jeff screwed up the lyrics to a rap song, was a hard cat to love, but I never gave up on him.

I'm not going to write much today, but I wanted to pay tribute to a wonderful spirit, who came into the world fighting and left it the same way. I hope he knew I loved him. So here's to you, Jaybirdy, Mama will miss your bite marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment