Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 100: Eating My Weigh Healthy

I love to work out. Actually, I love the idea of working out and I love working out when I am in shape. When I’ve been lazy and let myself get out of shape, as is the case now, working out requires a daily effort simply to get myself to the gym. Today is the tenth day of my renewed commitment to getting in shape and it’s going okay except for the fact that I feel it is acceptable to reward myself with fattening foods. I realize there exists an inherent contradiction in my process, but it is keeping me to my six-a-week workouts.

There is a process that I have to go through to self motivate and this way, which has helped me to gain five pounds in one week, is also smoothing the way for me to keep working out. I don’t know how normal people manage, but I am simply not disciplined enough to both diet and exercise right out of the gate. One of them has to go first and because I love food more than I hate to exercise, I’m eating myself to the gym. By the end of the week, I’m going to be more serious about dieting as well, but holy hell I’m tired.

When I am tired I don’t want to cook a healthy meal, I don’t want to chop vegetables, I don’t have the energy to chew a salad. Have you ever wondered how many calories it must burn just to eat a salad. It’s nonstop chewing and I get bored and my jaw gets tired. So when my muscles are screaming because they are sore even when I’m simply laying in bed, and I’m tired from the energy output I want good, comforting and easy. Pizza works, as does anything Mexican (take out of course), and I do love my cereal go to: Lucky Charms.

So all you health nuts can eat your raw veggies and tofu while you work out every day, but I’m going to have to work up to it. Strength training and cardio endurance first, then I’ll say a sad goodbye to sugar cereals and take out. It’s my right, I’m an American. If I want to eat my way to a bigger size before I begin to lose and tone, that’s what I’ll do dammit. I will say, however, this first stage that comes with pizza and mashed potatoes is a lot more fun than the salad stages down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment