Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 98: Sweet Dreams . . . Oh Hell!

It’s not as if I were tucked snugly into bed for hours or anything, but I was definitely attempting to sleep when I suddenly realized that I had not written my blog for today. Today being September 6, not Sept. 7. I’m not sure why after three months of daily blogging I suddenly forgot, but I did. So what does that mean? True, I was busy all evening doing research for my fantasy football draft which takes place tomorrow (or later today, since it is currently almost 4am). Still, I’ve been busy before. In fact, I’ve been busy, drunk, tired, headachy, depressed and just about anything else in the past and still I’ve always remembered to write my damn blog.

Maybe, it’s just that I finally found the one thing that is more important to me than the blog, yes, fantasy football is just that big of a deal. Lot’s of you know the joy of playing fantasy, some of you do fantasy for all kinds of sports. Hell, my brother even does it for Nascar and golf, let alone the major sports. I guess I just got so carried away that it took every bit of my mental energy. I didn’t even really think about my blog today, which is kind of rare for me. Maybe this means I need to refocus my energy or maybe it’s a sign that my constant need for self-analysis is starting to ease up a bit?

Either way, all I know is that for two hours I’ve lain in bed tossing and turning, despite being exhausted. I just could not mentally relax fully and just when I started to feel my weariness overwhelm me, I remembered. So maybe I can’t forget even if I want to. People ask why this is so important to me, or how I do it every day and I don’t have an answer. I only know that this is the one commitment that I have managed to be true to, no matter what and if I’m trying to change my life and be a person that follows through on things and is reliable, being there for myself seems like a good place to start.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to need to get some sleep. I have fantasy draft tomorrow and I don’t want my blog later today to be about how I tanked my first live draft.

2 comments:

  1. You know, there are some that would consider NASCAR a major sport. Including quite a few people around the area where you live. - Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this means that you got up and wrote the entry? That's perfect. That's writing.

    (RMK)

    ReplyDelete