Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 279: I Think I'm Falling in Love

I am falling in love. Completely, head over heels, heart beating faster love and it is with the least likely person, my husband. After six years together, the nervous butterflies should be gone and replaced with pet peeves and farts in your sleep, but instead I’m getting a second chance at falling. I think somewhere along the way I forgot just how powerful the joy of new love can be and I am so lucky to have not only the comfort and security of a committed relationship, but the giddy, unpredictability of the honeymoon phase.

The concept of a soul mate is not one I believe in. Having fallen in love many times, I simply accept that who I was at those points in my life were different than now, but no less valid. Now, however, is where I’ve found the most generous, honest, and understanding man I have ever known. He is the exact right person for me at the exact right time of my life. This man has given me more than I ever gave myself and certainly more than I could ever give him if I had three lifetimes of trying. I am not always the kindest woman and I’m sure that I will hurt him again and again as we bumbling humans tend to do, but I hope I will also be able to love him as fiercely as I feel, for he is truly the light of my life and the center that both grounds and uplifts me.

Thank you my love, for seeing who I am even when I don’t show it, for your unflagging sense of humor even when the timing seems wrong, and for never giving up on loving me. You make my world a better one and as long as I have you, there will never truly be another bad day, because each day that you are by my side is the best day of my life. I look forward to falling in love with you over and over again, pet peeves, ugly days, bad breath and drunken rows we don’t remember the next morning included. Never doubt, that you are my greatest strength and I will never stop fighting for team Bramline.

1 comment:

  1. You are very blessed to have love like that in your life. Congratulations on the first 6. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete