Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 298: Thanks for Being Opinionated Loudmouths, I Love That in Friends


I was all set to write my blog about how I now think God is actually an evolution from an alien species visiting our planet for at least 6,000 years who taught us the now dead language Sumerian and were the basis for our fear of an all-powerful God belief system. I changed my mind however, mostly because I need more time to sketch it out and also because I don’t need the hate mail. Anyway, in lieu of the incredibly offensive to many of you God is a hostile alien race blog, I bring you a thank you.

I post of lot of things on my Facebook page and through my blog, that can be considered controversial. I make no apologies for this and admit that as a person who enjoys debate, I often do it on purpose. When I get thought provoking responses I do not always take the time to respond or thank you for your input, but I want you to know that I do read them all. Some of you post things I agree with and others make me want to shout in disagreement, but all of them are greatly appreciated.

The God blog I penned a few weeks ago got a lot of response and at some point I just let you all sort it through and I sit back as a type of observer. This is not because I’m not interested in your POV, I am, it’s just that after I write I often feel a sense of “birthing” it and I just need to sit back a bit and rest. I feel guilty sometimes, however, for not responding or clarifying my points, but I still feel my place is to put it out there and open it up for discussion and to let you do what you will.

Regardless of my personal, religious, or political beliefs I am so grateful to every one of you that has ever taken the time to respond to one of my posts. I honestly believe that it is only through an exchange of information and opinions that we will eventually come together to find solutions and amicable reform for our problems. What I do not like are hostile and accusatory sentiments. Sure, I ride that line from time to time with my own thoughts, but I am always the first to admit that I could be wrong. I never think I am (just ask the husband), but I’ll admit to the possibility.

So please keep it up and never worry that I will be offended by your opinion, language, or anything you could post. I love the mere fact that you’d take the time to post anything, even a message telling me how stupid I am or my belief is. I hope that when I launch my new blog at the end of this month you’ll come along for the ride on that one as well. I’ve still got a few months to go on 365 Days and there is still a lot to cover, but the new one is 180 degrees away from where this one is. It’s a lot more fun and whimsical and though still has my particular brand of charm (or crazy as the husband would describe it), it’s less issue-based and stream of consciousness and more informative and topical.

Thanks again for reading and commenting and getting fired up. I love it all and respect every one of you for just having an opinion, it’s always surprising to me how many people don’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment