Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 346: Forgetting Yesterday is Sometimes A Good Thing

Today should actually be day 347, but I abandoned last night’s blog after three choppy and confusing paragraphs on the grounds that I was severely impaired. The specific impairment was alcohol induced and by the time I got to the blog I could barely type, though I after a quick reread this morning it turns out that I corrected all of my spelling and grammatical mistakes. What could not be fixed, however, was the content. Funny how something that seems so important to us when we are under the influence can actually be the most pointless of arguments.

We lost our car last night for the second time in six weeks. It was also the second time in the same time frame that we got drunk. We are not big drinkers or partyers generally, so even twice in six weeks is considered frequent for us these days. Perhaps this is why, when we do imbibe, we are unable to do so without major mishap. Looking back on it I’d say it was a comedy of errors as only the Bramlines can do it, but at the time it seemed dire.

Jeff was mad at me and I was mad at him – though I do not recall being cross with him, that intel comes from him and what I tried to write last night. We lost my phone, our keys, the security fob to get into our apartment, and yes, we once again lost our car. I don’t exactly know what our problem is, but it’s like we’re reliving our 20’s only as a couple. Who, at 37, gets so drunk you lose you car . . . twice?

Since going vegan, I have mostly lost my urge to drink beyond one glass of wine or a bit of scotch, but when I do drink it’s to an excess that clearly leads to poor decision making. Last night’s attempt at a blog was some sort of rant at the husband, because I am a truly horrible drunk who feels it appropriate to pick fights with pretty much everyone. I am going to skip last night and save myself an irritated husband. Oddly enough, I don’t remember being annoyed or mad at him (despite it being his fault we lost the car). I remember loving him and wanting to snuggle, then again I also remember thinking it was a good idea to tell some random guy on the street that he had Bozo hair. My judgment when I am sober is often questionable, while intoxicated it is on par with a K-Fed era Britney Spears. I’m a drunken idiot y’all! Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment